A buttery cinnamon plum cake that has just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3–4 ripe plums, pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 inch cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- In a medium bowl and with a hand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla and Greek yogurt into the suger butter mixture intil combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack. Cool completely.