Tender juicy chicken breasts rubbed the right way with a special blend of spices coverd in a grapefruit glaze.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked parika
- 1/2 teapoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
Rosemary Grapefruit Glaze
- Cut both grapefruits in half, and squeeze all the juice and pulp directly into a small sauce pan. Go ahead and dig some of that pulp out and add it in. Add in one sprig of rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes or until the juice and pulp have reduced into a simple syrup. Remove from heat and let cool.
Chicken Breast Preparation
- Tenderize each chicken breat one at a time by placing each on between two sheets of plastic wrap, and lightly pounding them with a meat tenderizing mallot. Season all sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices and brown sugar. Rub all over the chicken breasts making sure you get every nook.
- Set the chicken breasts on a small baking sheet. Spread some of the glaze over the chicken breasts. Bake for 25 minutes. Brushing on more glaze every 10 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before chowing down.
Keywords: Grapefruit Glazed Chicken Breast